UnitingCare Hotham Mission is part of the UnitingCare network within the Uniting Church in Australia, largely funded by the Congregation of Mark the Evangelist (North Melbourne) and run in close partnership with other churches, community organisations and schools in the North Melbourne and Kensington area.
UCHM provides community outreach and support to some of the most disadvantaged and marginalised groups throughout North Melbourne, Flemington, Kensington and Parkville.
Our programs provide:
- Assistance with education costs for grade 7 to 12 children of disadvantaged families
- Assistance through Homework Clubs for grade 5/6 children who require tutoring on homework tasks set or understanding of specific elements of a subject taught but not yet understood
- Programs to encourage children and young adults to remain engaged at school until the completion of their secondary education
- School holiday programs for children of disadvantaged families
- Assistance for disadvantaged families facing food insecurity
- Assistance for Asylum Seekers with the provision of transition accommodation
Details about these programs are being added progressively to this web site. Please see the top menu for more information about UCHM – who we are, what we do, and how you can participate in our community development work.