Hotham Mission provides a range of programs supporting and encouraging local young people to engage with/continue their education.
Primary School students grade 3-6
Every Monday during the school term
3.45pm – 6pm
North Melbourne Community Centre
49-53 Buncle St, North Melbourne, VIC, 3051
HM runs the Hotham Homework Club, a free homework program in North Melbourne every Monday afternoon during the school term for upper primary school children.
Hotham Homework Club aims to provide a safe, inclusive and interactive space where volunteer tutors assist children in grades 5-6 to complete their homework and improve their literacy and numeracy skills. The program is in line with Hotham Mission’s vision of providing educational support and promoting social inclusion.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer tutor, please complete the registration form or contact the Programs Manager on 9326 8245 or via email.
Please note all volunteers must have a current Working with Children’s Check and be proficient in written and spoken English.
Renshaw Education Support Scheme
HM ’s Renshaw Education Support Scheme offers disadvantaged young people material support to complete their secondary education or undertake vocational training and pre-employment pathways during the school year.
The Renshaw Education Support Program can assist in the purchase of the following items:
- Purchase of school books, e-book bundles and texts,
- Purchase of stationary items and equipment,
- Summer school uniform (no blazers),
- Purchase of a yearly or half yearly Victorian Student Pass assisting transport to and from school,
- Partial costs of computer/internet and calculators,
- Any items on the student booklist, with purchase of second hand books to be explored first.